- Schedule: Schedule is posted on the Web Site. Due to the poor turnout, at several tournaments, there are 2 Tuesday tournaments at the Links. The thought process is we can get out earlier and the course will not be as crowded. This might encourage more members to turnout.
- Competitions: You will no longer have to qualify for the A or the B championships. After the revisions come out on May 1st the top 16 indexes and ties will make up the Club Championship. The 2nd 16 and ties will make up the B championship. If the 16th spots have 2 or more players tied, they will have a play in match to see who moves on. Every member whose dues are paid will be included in the A or B and the Handicap unless they choose not to. The first 2 tournament scores will be used to seed the players 1 through 16. If you do not post a score in one of the first 2 outings you will be seeded last.
- Partners competition will be played again in the same format as last year. This competition will be finished by July no exceptions.
- Penalty strokes incurred from winning a tournament will only be applied in the calendar year they were received. No penalty shots will be carried over to the next year
- Dance: The attendance at the last 2 dances was extremely low, the dance seems to be a thing of the past. In lieu of the dance there will be a mid- season party the day of the Presidents Prize tournament, and at the end of the year we will have an Awards Party. Both parties will consist of an open bar and food. The Awards for the year will be given out at the end of the year party.
- Ryder Cup: If there is interest shown we will try and have a 2 round 1-night stay at Ballyowen and Wild Turkey golf courses. The dates we can go are Sept 21 & 22 or Sept 28 & 29. Both dates are Saturday, Sunday. The cost for golf and hotel is $370. There is also a Sunday, Monday option on October 6 & 7. This option is around $310.
WOODLAWN 2019 SCHEDULE
SATURDAY APRIL 6 8:05 PELHAM BAY
SATURDAY APRIL 20 11:30 THE LINKS
SUNDAY MAY 5 7:12 SPLITROCK
SUNDAY MAY 19 11:30 THE LINKS
SUNDAY JUNE 2 7:04 SPLITROCK
SATURDAY JUNE 15 11:30 THE LINKS
TUESDAY JUNE 25 10:00 THE LINKS
SUNDAY JULY 7 7:12 PELHAM BAY
SUNDAY JULY 21 11:03 THE LINKS
SATURDAY AUGUST 3 7:12 PELHAM BAY
SATURDAY AUGUST 17 11:30 THE LINKS
SATURDAY AUGUST 31 7:38 PELHAM BAY
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 15 11:03 THE LINKS
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 24 10:00 THE LINKS
SATURDAY OCTOBER 5 7:45 PELHAM BAY
SATURDAY OCTOBER 19 10:00 THE LINKS S/G
Tipperary supports had a tough 2018 with the Hurling team going winless in Ireland. Here in the Woodlawn Club 2 Tipp men did their part to lift the spirits of the Premier County. Tommy O’Meara won the B Scratch defeating county man Pat Costigan. In the Club Championship Darren Talbot gave an impressive display coming back from being 4 down to nip John O’Shea on the 36 hole. To recap the Winners in 2018:
B Scratch Winner Tommmy O’Meara
Handicap Champion John Solon
Club Champion Darren Talbot
Player of the Year Dan Curtin
Not a Narrow Back to be found?
Congratulations To All The Winners
Gentlemen, that time of year is upon us again, after a long season the time has come to celebrate or commiserate, talk about missed opertunities,missed putts and of course good times, the dance will be held this year on November 17th 8pm cocktail hour in Rory Dolan’s, 890 McLean Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10704. Paid members are free and guests are $100 per person, please come celebrate a great year that saw Dan Curtin rise to player of the year, please RSVP to Darren Talbot at 9177636296 orDtalbot75@outlook.com looking forward to seeing you all there.
Congratulations to Dan Curtin and John Solon. Dan captured his second Player of the Year in the last 3 years with an impressive total of 73 points well done Dan. John defeated Steve McCrimlisk on the 35th hole to win the Handicap Championship. In the Club Championship after 18 holes John O’Shea is up 2 holes on Darren Talbot.