The following is from Jim Murphy. I am a little jammed up at work but will get the results for last tournament up by the end of this week:
This will serve as the final reminder to sign up for Sunday’s Links event. Please respond by 10 AM Friday if you wish to play.
Sunday will serve as the second qualifying round for various season-long events
Please bring the 2015 dues and give to Pat Lafferty ( I’m presuming he will be playing). If paid by Sunday, the dues will be $200, down from last year’s $250.
At the moment, the following have committed for Sunday:
Firth ( possible guest)
I hope to hear from a lot of you in the next 48 hours…..Jimmy
Some of you have probably seen this production will be playing at various venues over the next week. It will be at Rory Dolan’s next Monday, April 13th. Please call (914) 776-2946 for more details
From Jim Murphy:
Following are the groups for tomorrow morning’s 2015 inaugural tournament. I ask everyone to please check in by 8:00 am to allow for settling accounts with the Pro Shop by 8:10. The greens fee and entry fee total $63, or $65 if you have to ask me again after reading this! Also, if you bring a check for dues to either of the first two tournaments, the amount will be $200, which includes one admission to the year-end Awards dinner.
There is a forecast today for late afternoon rain carrying into the overnight, total amounting to half to three-quarters of an inch. However, Al Roker just assured me all rain will pass the area by 6am and we will have Sunshine emerging before you get to the 6th hole. There are supposed to be fairly brisk winds accompanying the clearing skies, with temperatures at 45 degrees at 9 AM and a high of 49 by the time we march off the 18th hole, beaten and battered.
As you already know, we have moved this event to Split Rock from Pelham so as to avoid putting on freshly aerated Greens. But it will still be rugged on Split Rock. So, considering the conditions, I have decided that tomorrow’s game will be played from the White tees( which are comparable in length to the back tees at Pelham Bay) and we will play Winter Rules in the FAIRWAYS, not the rough. Generally, Split Rock does a good job with preparing the bunkers. However, If you find your ball in an unraked bunker, confer with your competitors and you may rake the spot and drop the ball from knee-height.
Handicaps given are for the White tees at Split Rock.
Group 1 Mike Curtin 11 Gilland 7 Elias 12 Sweeney 22
Group 2 Wallace 20 Firth 19 G Murphy 9 Andrasick 3
Group 3 Marshall 16 Dan Curtin 19 Lafferty 9
Group 4 John Leavy NH J Murphy 10 Carey 12 ( will new member Leavy be able to engage his glutes under competitive conditions? he couldn’t engage them in Myrtle Beach )
Group 5 Talbot 10 McCrimlisk 10 Bell 9 Scales 24
Group 6 McCourt 9? Mulligan 13 Stapleton 12 Byrne 21
CTP 12 and 16
Stroke play- low net, qualifier for CC
From Jim Murphy:
FYI, I spoke with Gene at SR/PB this morning. He told me PB was aerated Tuesday/Wednesday of this week. However, he graciously offered us Split Rock as it has not yet been aerated and is in better condition. So I accepted and the tournament will be held there. There are two spots available if anyone else would like to play, first come, first served….see you all Saturday!
From Jim Murphy:
If you wish to play in our first stroke play event of the year, please get back to me by tonight, Wednesday. I will be giving the head count to PB/SR early tomorrow morning.
The following have signed up to date:
John Leavey (new member)
Pat Lafferty would appreciate early receipt of the dues this year. If you pay them before April 18 , they will be $50 less. That’s $200, so get those checks to him early!
NYC has raised the greens fees by a buck this year, to $53. So please bring that plus $10 for tournament entry. That would be $63 in total.
The frigid Spring so far has altered the aeration schedule at PB/SR. We had scheduled our first two events ( last Saturday at SR, this week at PB) so as to avoid aeration work. It remains to be seen if that is the case, not much we can do about it…..Jimmy
From Jim Murphy:
Gents, The elements conspired against us this past week and the kick-off scramble was cancelled. We are hopeful that Spring weather appears this week and we get a chance to get out there in decent conditions next Saturday. As of this moment, the following have committed to play:
I expect a good turnout so don’t wait till the last minute to sign up. Please let me know by Wednesday night if you plan to play.
It is the first stroke play event, and will be used for qualifying for club season-long competitions….have a good week, Jim
From: Bill Marshall
This is to announce that the Woodlawn Golf Tournament scheduled for tomorrow at Pelham Bay has been canceled. Two more members dropped out so we are down to 10 and Jimmy said we’d need 12 to have a tournament. Please inform those you know may not read e-mails regularly. Note, those who were signed up and ready to play can still just show up and play. We have canceled all of the reservations with no problem, and they said there will be plenty of open slots should anyone still want to play. As a last resort, I did try to see if they could switch the tournament to Sunday where it looks to be almost 50 degrees and sunny, but they didn’t have ample spots for us. I am sending this on behalf of Jim who is at work today.
See everyone next week for our first individual tournament on Pelham Bay.
Have a nice weekend!